[phpa] Clarification of virtual host php_value syntax

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:36:30 -0000 (GMT)

There may be confusion from my current documentation about the correct
syntax for use in virtual host sections, and so I wanted to clarify this.

If you wish to enable PHPA, for example, the syntax should be

  php_value phpa on

Some users who are coming across this feature for the first time from the
phpa documentation are putting

  php_value phpa <on>

PHP can't parse that and the result is that phpa sees the setting as
disabled.

Sorry for the confusion and I'll improve the documentation about this.

Nick