[phpa] Can't add function problem diagnosed

  • From: "PHP Accelerator" <php_accelerator@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:04:27 +0100

I've diagnosed the problem with the "Can't add function" warnings, and
whilst it's a bug in the Accelerator in that it is changing the behaviour of
PHP, it's not likely to happen with more recently written scripts.

Scripts in the SquirrelMail program, and in Arturs program (which may be SM
as well?), use their own mechanism of include guards to deal with multiple
inclusion of files, and this technique and how PHPA works internally do not
work together.  This may be related to the known problem where conditionally
defined functions in a file get loaded from the cache as though they were
always defined, and I'm making changes to handle this correctly.

However, more recently written scripts should use include_once instead of
include guards, and this is known to work correctly and is a workaround.

This issue should clearly be addressed and I aim to have this fixed soon for
release 1.0p4

Nick