[phpa] Re: Administration Tool

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:35:45 -0000 (GMT)

> In my case with Zend Cache, I have found the stats interface to be a
> lifesaver when trying to debug a problem or see what files to exclude
> from being cached.

Why? Because ZC didn't work on those files? Certainly one user reported
problems with ZC and APC and it was only PHPA that worked correctly on
them :-) Not that PHPA hasn't had it's share of problems to be fair.

> But you're right, once things are setup right and
> working as expected, the stats are pretty much never touched again. So
> I guess it is used more as a debugger/setup tool than a stats tool.

Right, and I do feel that there should be something that exposes the
information that's available, even if in a fairly raw form. Hopefully the
info from the tool that I'll bundle with the proper release of 1.2 will
keep people happy that would like the info.