[phpa] About registration and Re: Re: PHPA 1.2 Released

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:25:33 -0000 (GMT)

> I installed phpa on my linux (local) platform - everything was ok.
>
> I try to  made this for FreeBSD 4.1 (enterprise) (older release was
> php_latest.so and was ok)
>
> and apachectl confogtest sad me
> -- Failed loading /usr/local/apache/libexec/php_accelerator.so:  Shared
> object "libc.so.6" not found

If you're running on FreeBSD then you'll need the FreeBSD version.
Hopefully Jamie, who gives his time to do the FreeBSD builds, will have a
chance this week but I haven't sent the latest source or asked him yet.
I'll announce the FreeBSD release here and on the site.

About registration and virtual hosts. You just need a key for what
SERVER_NAME is set to. So for a configuration such as:

<VirtualHost ...>
<ServerName www.mydomain.com>
<ServerAlias mydomain.com>
<ServerAlias images.mydomain.com>
</VirtualHost>

You would just need a key for www.mydomain.com, because Apache always sets
SERVER_NAME to whatever the real server name is, not one of the aliases. So
fetching http://images.mydomain.com/x.jpg would set server name to
www.mydomain.com

If you had a separate virtual host section for images.mydomin.com, and used
that as the servername, then you would also need a key for that.

Nick