[phpa] Re: A suggestion

  • From: "Lukas Smith" <smith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:28:00 +0100

I have been telling Zend to implement a temporary key in their system as
well ... well I have actually been doing this for almost a year.

It really sucks of you need to do some emergency changes (you have to
link a Zend license key either to your IP or your MAC Address) and can't
because of licensing issues.

Of course free products have the same right to employ licensing keys to
ensure what ever they want to achieve.

But the problem is always to make sure that this process does not hinder
the legitimate user. So this process should be automated. I do not use
phpa (I might in the future though) but maybe some of those people
complaining can step up do the coding?

(FYI: I have not followed this discussion in great detail, so I hope my
comments are not redundant with what other peoples have said)

Best regards,
Lukas Smith
smith@xxxxxxxxx
 DybNet Internet Solutions GbR