[photodesk] Re: version 3.09 stiffs my RiscPC

  • From: Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 07:19:48 GMT

In message <7717641850.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel (lists) <jim2.nagel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> today i ran it, it got as far as the splash screen and the message
> "abandoned images remain from a previous session", click anything, and
> the machine hangs.  no use from Escape, Alt-Break, Ctrl-Break, must
> reset.  this is typical.

That's happened to me too.  You need to delete the directory
<Wimp$ScrapDir>.Photodesk2  and all its subdirectories and contents.
eg. *wipe <Wimp$ScrapDir>.Photodesk2 ~C F R ~V
The next time Photodesk starts it will recreate a 'clean' one.
You will of course lose any images you may have already had on
your Photodesk clipboard.

> ...any clues, anybody?  i had similar bad luck with 3.08 and was
> hoping the new version would fix things.

I was hoping the same - some things are fixed - some new problems
have arisen.

I also find it essential to stop the 'TwainPDIF' module from
!Photodesk.!Run - eg.
|IF "<TWAIN$Path>"<>"" THEN RMLoad <Photodesk$Dir>.Modules.TwainPDIF
otherwise I get my Iyonix crashing.
--
Contact Me - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/contactme/
Web - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/