[photodesk] printing photo on coloured paper

  • From: Jim Nagel (lists) <jimfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:33:26 +0100

curious little problem here.  i wonder if somebody more adept with
Photodesk than i would be willing to write a how-to articlette for
Archive magazine.

i recently designed a brochure for the music&flower festival at the
Glastonbury church.  the cover photo shows a sea of daffodils in the
churchyard and the church behind.  the original photo is in colour but
i printed in mono.  i left it to the printer to choose the paper
colour.  rather appropriately, he did it on bright yellow.

the finished result makes me think i could have produced a fine effect
by making the daffodils WHITE in the original photo, so that in the
mono print the bright yellow of the paper would come through.

is there a flaw in my thinking?  if not, what's the technique in
Photodesk to do the colour tweak?

photo is here: www.abbeypress.net/stjohns/mathias0947.jpg (123K)

as i say, it would make a good article for the magazine if anybody
wants to volunteer.  Archive could do with more tips on Photodesk.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk