[photodesk] Re: fuzzing an edge

  • From: Jim Nagel (lists) <jimfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:13:02 GMT

John Rickman emailed me about an excellent tutorial.  I'm reposting to
the list in case anybody else following this thread finds it helpful.

Who'd have guessed that the word "vignette" would apply!  As usual in
pfloundering-around-on-computer-for-first-time experiences, you don't
know the terminology until after the problem is no longer a problem!

Thanks, John.  --jim

=====
From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:19:58 +0100

Jim wrote:
> Ahhh, thanks, Richard.  Those were the clues I needed in my
> floundering around.  I experimented.

You reminded me to check my own notes about vignetting. They referred
me to:
   http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com/tut/vig.shtml

and also to !Variations which gives a range of fuzzy edge shapes with
a single click.

John
   --
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind and won't change the

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk