[photodesk] Re: fuzzing an edge

  • From: Jim Nagel (lists) <jimfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 00:25:36 GMT

Richard Ashbery  wrote on Nov27 in Photodesk list:
> 2. Click Grow a few times.
> 3. Click Smooth a few times.
> 6. Click Whole image button on the Magic wand tool window and click
> anywhere in the image to colour the map edges with a soft edge effect.
> 7. Press CTRL-Shift-E to erase the mask.

Ahhh, thanks, Richard.  Those were the clues I needed in my
floundering around.  I experimented.

In the end, I made a mask freehand with the drawing tool:  an oval-ish
filled shape covering the area I wanted to keep.
Then clicked Shrink a few times and Smooth a few times.
Then with magic wand I made all the unmasked area go white.

I'm sure I could refine my technique a lot, but the result will serve
the purpose:  www.abbeypress.net/00temp/fuzzedge.zip  (76K)

Thanks again.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk