[photodesk] Re: Text tool doesn't work

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:04:46 +0100

On 24 Sep 2006 David J. Ruck wrote:

> On 24 Sep 2006 Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 24 Sep 2006 David J. Ruck wrote:
>>> Well to completely emiminate memory size issues, put a link over the
>>> Kinetics 3rd set of pins from the right (IIRC) to disable its onboard
>>> memory and have it behave like a standard StrongARM card.
>>
>> That would leave me with only 2MB! The other 128MB is a SODIMM on the
>> Kinetic card. I might have to get the A5000 out of hibernation!
>
> You must have had more main memory at some point. Just reconfigure to
> check if Photodesk still behaves incorrectly. I dont suggest leaving
> it like that.

I never had more mother board memory. I bought the machine as a
Kinetic RiscPC 300MHz with 66MB RAM of which 64MB was on the Kinetic
card. I replaced that with 128MB.

I'm a bit reluctant to disturb the Kinetic card because I had a lot of
problems with bad contacts after upgrading it and it seems to have
settled down now. At least it's not suddenly crashing and refusing to
boot until I wiggle the boards around. I haven't replaced the back
pins yet - that would be tempting providence!

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/