[photodesk] Re: Text tool doesn't work

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:13:35 +0100

On 24 Sep 2006 David J. Ruck wrote:

> On 24 Sep 2006 Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have Photodesk 3.04. Since increasing RAM on the Kinetic card from
>> 64MB to 128MB and upgrading from RO 4.04 to 4.39 (Adjust 1i2) the text
>> tool in Photodesk no longer works.
>
> Photodesk has a problem with working in the higher address dynamic areas
> which tend to be used when your machine has a large amount of memory.
> Although its meant for the 32bit version (which has a number of other bug
> fixes) you can try my Dynamic Area fix available at:-
>
> http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/products/photodesk.shtml

Thanks, but unfortunately it makes no difference. Pd is running in low
memory. There are other funnies too. I can't use the line drawing tool
because I can't fix the last segment of the line. I can draw
rectangles and parallelograms. Double-clicking Adjust removes the
sides of rectangles but not the top and bottom, and can delete other
objects.

Cheers,
--
 _