[photodesk] Text tool doesn't work

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:01:58 +0100

I have Photodesk 3.04. Since increasing RAM on the Kinetic card from
64MB to 128MB and upgrading from RO 4.04 to 4.39 (Adjust 1i2) the text
tool in Photodesk no longer works.

I can enter text on the tool and change the font and other parameters,
but clicking Select on the image has no effect. Photodesk is included
in SpecialFX with the second and third boxes ticked.

I did have a problem using the rubber stamp as an alternative, but
that now works with text elements in the Draw file. However I noticed
that although opacity was set at 100% the effect appeared to be
semi-transparent. Fortunately this was what I wanted as I was just
stamping some Christmas card images to prevent misuse.

Is this a known problem?
If so is it fixed in the latest version or is there a workaround?

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/