[photodesk] Re: Stripey JPEGs

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:30:29 +0100

In article <Marcel-1.53-0603142827-345pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   CJE Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If anyone has any (relatively small!) examples of JPEGs which come
> out with horizontal black stripes when loaded into Photodesk, could
> they please send them to us at support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (ie. not to
> the mailing list!). The programmer is working on a new JPEG handler
> which should hopefully eliminate this problem, but the more samples
> we have to test, the better.

That's excellent news - I've just got back from holiday and read your
email - has your programmer got enough JPEG samples? - I can probably
supply more if needed.

---------

Modern digital cameras incorporate an orientation sensor which can
inform software which way up a digital camera has been held. Wouldn't
it be useful if Photodesk could decode this Exif data and
automatically rotate an image through 90 degrees - however I suspect
there are probably more pressing requirements.

You may be interested to know that Tony Stills - OHP does this.

Best regards

Richard