[photodesk] Re: Photodesk freezes the machine on loading

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:52:29 +0100

In article <ffc9d1b251.Bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> o  Restart the Iyonix
> o  Load !Printers 1.72
> o  Load !PhotoDesk allowing the TwainPDIF module to load

> and on both occasions it all froze before the PhotoDesk startup banner
> had closed.

A small difference between your setup and mine is that I use !Printers
1.75. Is your Iyonix running RISC OS 5.16 too?

Anyhow, I don't think it's exactly !Printers that makes !PhotoDesk run on
my setup, because the latter still loads properly after quitting !Printers.
So, it seems that the printer driver is playing an important role, rather
than its front end. The printer drivers that are active on my system
(according to Verma) are:

  ROM   RMA   Status     Title                  Version              32b
  ----- ----- ---------- ---------------------- -------------------- ----
  -     191   Loaded     PDriver                3.39 (19 Oct 2007)    Y
  -     197   Loaded     PDriverDP              4.55 (28 May 2008)    Y
  -     194   Loaded     PDriverPS              4.55 (28 May 2008)    Y
  -     172   Loaded     PDriverPS3             1.19 (17 Feb 2011)    Y
  -     198   Loaded     PDumperDM              1.45 (24 Apr 2009)    Y
  -     199   Loaded     PDumperSP              0.01 (23 Oct 2002)    Y
  -     196   Loaded     PDumperSupport         1.29 (05 Mar 2003)    Y

(You will need a monospaced font, such as Corpus, for viewing this table
correctly.)

I have absolutely no idea whether this information is sensitive or not, but
never shot is always missed (Dutch expression).

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers