[photodesk] Re: Photodesk freezes the machine on loading

  • From: Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 13:14:01 GMT

In message <51b2cdbafcPaul@xxxxxxxx>
          Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear all,

> With regard to the occasional freeze after loading, I think I may have
> found something interesting.
>
> On my setup, !PhotoDesk appears to load properly when the printer
> driver is loaded first! That means, that as long as the printer
> driver is loaded, there's no need to comment out the line in the
> !Run file, that Bernard was talking about.
>
> I've already reported this to Andrew, but could you try to replicate this
> behaviour, Bernard?
>
> Kind regards, Paul Sprangers

That doesn't cure the problem for me.  I have just tried the following
twice:
o  Restart the Iyonix
o  Load !Printers 1.72
o  Load !PhotoDesk allowing the TwainPDIF module to load

and on both occasions it all froze before the PhotoDesk startup banner
had closed.

Stop PhotoDesk's TwainPDIF from loading and no freezes.

Bernard
--
Contact Me - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/contactme/
Web - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/