[photodesk] Photodesk freezes the machine on loading

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:18:24 +0100

On 11 Mar, Bernard <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Load !Photodesk.!Run
> Edit the line in it that says:
> IF "<TWAIN$Path>"<>"" THEN RMLoad <Photodesk$Dir>.Modules.TwainPDIF
> and add a '|' at the beginning, so that it looks like:
> |IF "<TWAIN$Path>"<>"" THEN RMLoad <Photodesk$Dir>.Modules.TwainPDIF

Thank you for your detailed explanation of commenting out a possible
culprit. A culprit indeed, since this tiny operation appeared to cure the
problem completely!

This has been really helpful, and it discharges me from the burden of doing
a clean boot and patiently re-entering my multilayered needs step by step,
as Andrew carefully suggested.

In order to find the solution back again in a probable future, I committed
the impertinence of changing the subject. Apologise for that.

Thank you very much again.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers