[photodesk] Re: New version of Photodesk 3.10

  • From: Peter Russell <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 10:26:55 +1030

Richard Porter  wrote on 31 Jan :

> On 31 Jan 2011 Peter Russell  wrote:

>> Thanks Richard. I have tried this and it is wonderful. I have
>> previously been using !Thump to get my thumbnails when browsing my
>> photo folders. Of course this doesn't offer all the goodies Variations
>> does. And I can still drag photos into Photodesk.

> !Thump is great for browsing when you've resized your photos, but for
> large images uploaded from a camera it takes a long time to create its
> own thumbnails. I always run !EXIFinfo on a new upload to extract the
> thumbnails and other information.

Amazing, I had never looked at EXIinfo before. Just had a play. I have
a NIKON D300 and I have been looking at the information behind the
pic. On my camera I have set up UserComment to show (c) my name and
phone number but this displays in EXIF data as [UNDEFINED]. Is there a
reason for this?

Peter

--
Peter M Russell Adelaide, South Australia  - www.pipalya.com/russell
Using RISCOS on Iyonix - immune to all M$ viruses