[photodesk] Re: New site design preview

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:58:27 +0100

On 15 Oct 2006 Donald & Janet Pearce wrote:

> David Mc Dowell <david.mcdowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all --
>>>
>>> I've put up a preview of the new Photodesk site design:
>>>
>>>   http://photodesk.iconbar.com/tutorials/tshirt/
>>>
>> Excellent, new look very professional, I like the clever new tutorial as
>> well!
>>
>> Regards, David
>>

> Dear David

I think you mean Chris.

> Re-Your newsite,
> Could I report that on WesterXL browser that the writing appears as
> Darker Black on Black!!!!!
> I only found it by accident at bottom of page where there appeared to
> be something could you do something about the dark background please.

Yes, it renders differently in different browsers because insufficient
attention has been paid to compatibility issues. In Fresco the
background is default (grey). In Oregano 1 the black border doesn't
appear and there are odd rectangles of grey background behind bits of
text. If you use CSS the page should still be displayed properly on
browsers that don't support it (in which context it would be
worthwhile setting the background colour to white in the body tag).

The actual content of the tutorial is excellent and it looks good
using NetSurf.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/