[photodesk] Re: New Photodesk 3.10 and the old TWAIN problem

  • From: Evan Clark <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:16:49 +0000 (GMT)

In article <dea54f9c51.chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris
Shepheard <chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just received my copy of PD 3.10 and thought I'd see if it had
> cured the long standing problem with scanning images directly into
> the program using the inbuilt TWAIN interface.

[Snip]

> On checking I find that I am running version 1.20 (15 Sep 1999).
> Looking at the module database, the version that's built into the
> RO 4.02 ROM should be 1.19 and I just wonder if this might be
> something to do with the problem. Checking !Boot I find that the
> ROM version is replaced by one of the RO4 patches.

> Now the questions... If anybody else reading this is experiencing
> similar problems please can they report what RO version they're
> running and what version of BASIC, please.

I encountered the same Twain problem only after upgrading to
Photodesk 3.09x. At that time I was running RISC OS 5.14 but can't
say what version of BASIC it included.

Before that, Twain worked as expected with prior versions of
Photodesk and prior versions of RISC OS 5.

Currently I'm using RISC OS 5.16 (18-Jan-10) with BASIC 1.44 (16 Jun
2009).

Evan.