[photodesk] Drop Shadows

  • From: "David Watson" <glasgowdave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:19:04 +0100

Hi All,

Since we're being active right now...

I'm just wondering what is the best method for adding a drop shadow to
an imported Artworks image (for example). I remember having no end of
difficulties in doing the ArcEm icon for MacOS X and the final version
is somewhat flawed.

http://arcem.sourceforge.net/arcemlogo.png

The biggest problem was in retaining the alpha mask for the shadow so
that it properly faded to any coloured background. IIRC the final
version had to be exported as a photoshop file and then converted to a
PNG elsewhere.

Still, somehow fitting that the ArcEm icon be created on RISC OS =)

Spriteman
--
(\ /)
( . .)