[phoenixchorale] email list stuff

  • From: roryphoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: phoenixchorale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 11:51:44 -0400

Hi PC people:

I was asked recently if there is an email list for Phoenix Chorale. I agree
there probably should be, and eventually when we have a real membership
director, we will have a distribution of folks' email, address, and phone (if
people are okay with that.)

But for now, you CAN see the email address of everyone on our mailing list.
Here's the deal. Many of you are on our listserv (i.e. mailing list) because I
put you there, but once you are a member, you can go to freelists.org and
select "phoenixchorale" to look at all the members. But there are a couple of
caveats. One is that in order to do this, you need to "enhance" your membership
by supplying a password, as you will find out when you "go to" our list (see
below). But once you have a password, you can see a list of everybody, plus
make certain types of changes.

So the second caveat is that for most members, you will only see the email
address, NOT the name. Now, for most folks, it is clear who the person is from
their email address, but not everyone. E.g., one of our members has an email
address of "purple16@xxxxxxxxxxxx".

So, if you want folks to know who you are when they look at the list, you have
the option of adding your actual name to your email address. To do it, use
"Find and Join" to select phoenixchorale. Then a page of options opens up, and
you select "Log in directly to this list". Then enter your email address (the
one that was used when you were signed up) and your password and click Log In.
Then click "Change Settings" on the page that appears, and enter your name at
the top of the page that appears, and click "Set Full Name".

Or, just email me and I will put in your name myself. Eventually I hope we can
get everybody's email address and name. This will let all members both see your
email address PLUS the associated name, if it's not clear from the address.

Rory