[phoenixchorale] Re: Phoenix Promo

  • From: default@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: phoenixchorale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 15:58:11 -0400

Hi Linda,

 Are you using a Mac?  I think Elissa created this on a Mac, and for
sure the file format (pages.zip) will not be accessible to folks
running Windows. The suggestion to distribute as a .pdf is a good one
-- the problem there is that while ANYONE can open a .pdf (since Adobe
makes sure of that), NOT everybody can CREATE a .pdf!

 It is a bit of a chicken and egg.

 Anyway, Elissa, I'm guessing this would not be easy for you to
convert to .pdf. I myself can NOT see the document. So Linda or Elissa,
can you get it to me as a Word .doc or .docx file?

 Or Linda, can YOU convert to .pdf?  (One free way to do this on
Windows is to install a .pdf printer driver (e.g., CutePDF Writer),
and then "print" to it, which outputs a nice clean .pdf file -- but
that can be a pain if you are unfamiliar with installing printer
drivers.)

 PS. Another solution here is to just make an image of the document,
and distribute it as a .jpg or .gif or .tif file, which any computer
knows how to open. But then you can't copy and paste the text (since
it's just a picture), which is sometimes kind of handy.

 Rory

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:12:42 -0400, Linda Atherton  wrote:

        I just clicked on it.

LInda

On Oct 15, 2014, at 11:39 AM, Leigh Mundhenk  wrote:

        Hi Elissa, I can't figure out for the life of me how to open
this up. I'm sure it's my troglodyte mentality when it comes to
computers. Would it be possible to hand out a few copies of this on
Thursday? Sorry for the inconvenience!
 Thanks… Leigh

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Elissa Armstrong  wrote:

       Hi Phoenix!
As you know, in order to be finically viable we need at least 25 dues
paying members. Attached is a promotional piece describing Phoenix
Chorale. Please distribute this freely to friends who might want to
join in our mission: Singing from the heart, we hope to bring
awareness of social justice issues and inspire change.

 Thank you!