[phoenixchorale] Re: Christmas Singing on December 21st

  • From: Linda Atherton <linda5a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixchorale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 19:30:02 -0500

Oh, thanks, Margo! I meant to put that in the email.

We are meeting at 10:15AM, and will probably sing for around 45 min - 1 hr.

Linda

On Dec 7, 2014, at 7:20 PM, Margo Donnis wrote:

Hi - do you have an estimated begin time, and end time for the singing ?
On Dec 7, 2014, at 1:48 PM, Linda Atherton wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I made this announcement at Phoenix rehearsal last Thursday, but lots of folks weren't there, so here it is again.

Margaret and I will be doing a Christmas carol sing-along with the alzheimer's patients at Bay Square, 27 Forest Falls Dr, in Yarmouth on Sunday morning, December 21, 2014. If you haven't participated in something like this before, I highly recommend it. It's quite rewarding and well-appreciated by both patients and staff alike.

The Activities Coordinator said there is room to bring up to about 12 people. So far, there are 6 of us committed (including Meg and Russ, whom many of you know from First Parish) and 1 maybe (Mark, are you still in?). Please let me know ASAP if you are interested. I promise you'll love it!

We will be singing old standard Christmas carols. I'll have handouts with the words. If you're joining us, let me know if you have any favorites you want included. Our list so far (we may or may not be singing all of these):

Silent Night
White Christmas
Away in a Manger
Jingle Bells