[phoenix-project] Teacher Training in ExpEYES

  • From: ozhan fenerci <o_fenerci@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenix-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 06:00:41 +0000 (GMT)

Dear List,

As you may know we are in the programme of Erasmus+ (2014-2020). Erasmus+
programme allows programme countries'  teachers to be trained in the field of
their choose. I was planning to write a project about ExpEYES last year, but I
didn't keep my promise. Instead I wrote a project titled " Making Math.
Interactive With Mathematical Software Sage" and three high schools from Italy,
Poland and Turkey were  awarded in the amount of 63.000 Euros in 2013.

I felt always sad of not serving a community of great people who are behind
this project. I think it is good idea to train teachers and encourage them to
write a project in ExpEYES.  The first round application for teacher training
has a due date 17 March, 2014 and as a school we are going to  apply for
Astrophysics training in Spain. I asked myself why it shouldn't be a teacher
training in ExpEYES. Many teachers from different branches (physics, chemistry,
biology, mathematics)  are willing to be trained in ExpEYES and have a some
touristic visit.

So I have approached a non-profit organization in Turkey "Institute of
Theoretical and Applied Physics"  established in picturesque town on the shore
of Aegean Sea   and asked them whether they are willing to organize such a
meeting. They have agreed and are ready  to help
(http://itap-tthv.org/Home.html) . So we only need to attract some teachers
from Europe and encourage them to write an application form (KA1-School
Education Staff Mobility) to be submitted to their National Agencies. A flier
and a guidance  will be ready in a week.

So my question is : Are you willing to participate in such a event either as a
trainer ( you will be paid by the fund if we get it ) or  as a trainee ( course
fee + accommodation + daily allowance + travel expenses being paid by the fund.
)  Even if we miss the due date, we could apply for the "KA2-Strategic
Partnership For School Education" ( The due date is April 30th.) More
information could be obtained from
"http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/index_en.htm";

Best Regards,
             Ozhan Fenerci
Physics Teacher |  CAPA Teacher Training High School
Millet Cad. No:116 Fatih/Istanbul
              34093, TURKEY
Work Phone:  +090 (212) 532 4252
Cell Phone: +090  0533 571 3630