[phoenix-project] Re: New LiveCD

  • From: Sreejith <sreejithsmadhavan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenix-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:02:36 +0530

Ajith Kumar wrote:
Some of the Contents of the CD are listed below:
------------------------------
Phoenix software and documentation
Compilers and Tutorials for C, C++, Python, Java, FORTRAN and BASIC languages
Tools for Scientific computation and 3D graphics using Python
Openoffice 2.2 , PDF viewer
Internet : Firefox 2 browser, Mozilla composer
Maths : Dr Geo  , tools for numerical analysis
Physics : Java applets
Chemistry : view molecules in 3D, periodic table
Graphics : Gimp, Tuxpaint
Xine  : play various video files and VCDs
xmms : for audio
Games : solarwolf with python source code

It would be nice if we could include PHOENIX in high school syllabus as part of lab or Project. I heard that next year Govt. is going to revise the state board syllabus and they have already started work on the same. Today almost all govt HSs have good lab facility and I think they are getting good financial support (:-)) from govt as well. Anyw in the current scenario, buying a few PHOENIX box is not big deal for schools. Why can't we suggest to include PHOENIX in the high school syllabus?

Ajith Sir, You would be knowing the right authorities who can influence in SCERT curriculum revision
committee.
I think this is the right time to act upon it...

Regards,
Sreejith
To unsubscribe from this list send a mail to phoenix-project-request_AT_freelists.org with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. (Needless to say _AT_ replaced by @ )