[phoenix-project] Re: GNU Phoenix?

  • From: Georges Khaznadar <georges.khaznadar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Ajith Kumar <ajith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:47:06 +0100

Hello all,

I'd like to suggest the distribution Freeduc-CD version 1.7, codename
Freeduc-science, which is already at an advanced beta stage. It is based
on a KNOPPIX structure. It comes with a handfull of interesting
scientific software. The project Freeduc-CD has been repeatedly approved
by FSF members, and the version 1.4 has been sponsored by UNESCO.
See http://www.ofset.org/freeduc-ecole

The version beta8 is available at
http://community.ofset.org/wiki/Freeduc-science

this version comes at boot time with a French keyboard setup, so please
type "knoppix lqng=en" to see "knoppix lang=en" at boot time.

The desktop manager is xfce4, it should be usable with 128 Mb of RAM.

I'll try to output shortly a version with the necessary software for
Phoenix.

I'd like to have a suggestion from you : which menu items should I add
to ease the access of beginners to Phoenix?

Best regards,                   Georges.

--
Georges KHAZNADAR et Jocelyne FOURNIER
22 rue des mouettes, 59240 Dunkerque France.