p_W_l_b Now reading. Left behind series. Tim LaHaye, Jerry Jenkins.

  • From: frank perry <frankperry2011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: people_who_love_books@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 14:03:29 +1000

This series of books isn't going to interest everyone.

Firstly, these books are based upon the bible, what might happen if
Christ came and took his believers, and the non believers were left
behind.

It should be remembered although this book is christian based, the
characters are fictional.

The authors attempt to describe what they think would happen based
upon revelation the last book in the bible.

Rayford Steel is a pilate flying a 747 plane when some of his
passengers vanish.  This happens all over the world.  Rayford returns
home to find his wife and son have vanished.

This series gets pretty heavy, one world order is established, a
fictional politician from Romania becomes the supreme leader and
effectively the anti Christ.

Although I'm not a christian, and I don't attempt to condemn people
who are, I am finding these books interesting reading, even if I don't
agree with the authors take on all of these events.

Rayford, his daughter a journalist Buck Williams and a church leader
get together, commit themselves to Christ, and become a tribulation
force.

Be warned, this book deals with some hard subjects, the 2 witnesses
the book of revelation talks about are described, marriages,
abortions, executions without a fair trial, wars and plagues, earth
quakes and famines.

One thing I can say about this book, is the authors have at least
attempted to give a balanced view of what a one world order government
might do.

Both the christian and non christian view of the revelation events are
given fair stories, even if one can't agree with the views of the
authors at all times.

These books won't be for everyone, and believe it or not, children's
versions of the same series are also available.

I could only get these books from audible.com

There are 2 versions of the adult books done by different narrators,
so you do get a choice.

One thing I do admire is the courage of the authors.  Some of the
things they write about would have been hard to deal with.

Whilst we may not agree on the authors take on the events, the detail
is excellent sometimes very gory.

Even from a non christian perspective, I am finding the books
interesting reading.

I like the fact the authors attempt to explain the scientific
communities take on the events they describe.

Again, this series of books will be a personal choice, but for those
of you looking for balanced views, you will at least find them here
even if the books are christian based.

I thought there were only 12 books in this series, turns out there is 13.

If you're not into reading biblical passages, this book won't be for
you.  If you want to explore what the authors have to say, it's a good
read.
****

Stay positive.

Disclaimer.

List administrators, owners and moderators assume no liability or
responsibility or accountability
for any persons who may receive a virus as a result of emailing this list nor
for any parties who
may choose to take personal information list members disclose and then  use
this personal
information for any purposes including marketing or scamming purposes.  List
administrators
moderators and owners are unable to assist with any complaints should any list
members receive
private email which is not welcome in their inbox as a result of subscribing to
this list, nor for list
members who disclose any personal information which can be viewed on the free
lists public
archives.

****

to leave the people who love books list.

Open your email browser.

In the too field of a new message type the following email address.

people_who_love_books-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the subject line, only one word is needed.  Unsubscribe.

Don't put anything in the body of the message.

You receive a confirmation email.

Be sure to reply to this email leaving everything in the body of the message in
tact.

You do not have to add anything else to the body of the message.

To contact the list amdinistrators or list owners or moderators.

Send your email too.

  frankperry2011@xxxxxxxxx

Alternatively, send your email to.

 people_who_love_books-moderator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To set vacation mode.

Send email too.

people_who_love_books-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Only one word vacation needs to be in the subject line, nothing is needed in
the body of the
message.

Reply to any confirmation email leaving the body of the message in tact.
To post your email to the whole list.

Send your email including a subject line too.

people_who_love_books@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

All email from this list will have a subject prefix.  p_w_l_b

As a default, all replies to all posts go to the whole list.