[pedevel] Re: wrong DnD message ?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:48:28 +0200 CEST

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sources/PText.cpp:1930:
>                       BMessage drag(B_SIMPLE_DATA);
>
> Shouldn't it be B_MIME_DATA as it is the simple 1-message (old)
> protocol ?
> At least it makes it working with R5 Terminal.

It actually seems to be a mix between old style and new style.
Eventually this is a normal new style 1-message without negotiation, if
that is allowed at least. Tracker seems to handle it fine in any case.
AFAICT Tracker uses that style itself; it adds the "refs" member to the
first B_SIMPLE_DATA message.
My DiskProbe implementation doesn't seem to like it, though - it
correctly marks the region of the text drop, but it will never accept
the drop. It works fine with drops from a BTextControl.

Bye,
   Axel.