[pedevel] separate headers from functions [was: A little icon vote - reloaded ]

  • From: Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 16:21:05 +0200

On 2005-05-02 at 14:55:04 [+0200], Axel Dörfler wrote:

> BTW although it's a slightly different topic: would it be possible to
> separate the header list from the function pop-up? It's a bit annoying
> when there are lots of both in a file, because you usually want either of
> them, but not both at the same time.

Yes, I recently thought along the same lines, too. And I have checked back
with Eddie where there are two separate buttons, one for functions and one
for headers.

As I intend to work on the c/c++-"parsing" during this week anyway, it'd
fit in nicely to create a new button for headers.
Only, I'd need to have an icon >:o/ - ideas, anyone?

Considering the internal support for showing complete signatures in the
function-popup, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to actually enable them if
the user presses another modifier (say B_OPTION).
Adding to this, I'd personally find it quite useful if Pe - on request
-would show me all member declarations in a class definition. Some headers
are rather large and such a feature would make for easier navigation inside
them. This would require another shortcut, of course.

Again, looking at Eddie, I find that it simply uses to many different
shortcuts in order to separate these different modes (too many choices for
my brain to cope with >;o).

In order to avoid this, I suggest having SHIFT for sorting and OPTION for
detailed view (which includes signatures as well as function declarations
inside classes).

As usual, suggestions are welcome...

cheers,
        Oliver