[pedevel] Re: jam integration with pe

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:56:19 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Andrew Bachmann wrote:

> I added the first "support" for jam with pe when I added the mimetypes
> "text/x-jamfile" and "text/x-jamrules" a while back.  Since then, Ingo has
> supplied some great syntax highlight and navigation.  Also I learned
> some things about jam.  It seems that it'd be better to use the mimetype
> "text/x-jam" for both jamfiles and jamrules.  How does that sound to all?

A common MIME type sounds like a good idea. I wonder though, if it
should better include a vendor string, like text/x-vnd.perforce.jam?

BTW, you haven't by accident written a MIME sniffer rule to recognize jam
files? That would be cool, though I suspect, it's quite hard to do. Maybe
we should extend the MIME sniffing functionality in OBOS to allow
arbitrary code to be executed for recognizing a file type. But I
digress...

CU, Ingo