[pedevel] Re: Vote on hosting switch

  • From: Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:39:41 +0100

Hello again,

the vote about pe's hosting fate is now officially over (tata!) and the
result is overwhelming: BerliOS, here we come!

I have already gone through the process of registering pe with BerliOS, but
it will take some time until it is decided whether or not they accept it
(just a formality, I hope). Once I have more details, I'll let you all know.

Concerning the task of migrating from CVS to SVN, I wonder if the fellow
haiku admins could help me out with at least a general description of what
they did in order to migrate haiku from sf to berlios? IIRC, subversion
provides some kind of script for that purpose, doesn't it?

Of course, this would be the time to decide if we want to change the layout
of pe's repository in general. Any ideas, complaints about the current
state?

I'll tell Simon Gauvin about our decision to move hosting from BU to
berlios and ask him to provide me a full archive of pe's repository.

cheers,
        Oliver