[pedevel] Re: Suggestion for refactoring of PText

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:10:36 +0200 CEST

> One would think so :-)
> But since those fonts are flagged to be monospace fonts, but then
> have
> two different width, they are obviously either not monospace fonts,
> or
> it is in fact something different - I don't know, though, I never had
> any typographical lectures :-))

As I got it it only means they use a single (mono) "space" unit (like a
space char). But that doesn't mean all characters use 1 unit.
the man page for wcwidth(), or rather the sample implementations
clearly show that. It's for use only by fixed width stuff, and it can
and does return 2 sometimes.

François.