[pedevel] Re: Suggestion for refactoring of PText

  • From: Rainer Riedl <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:35:51 +0200

> Also, while considering screen-state, please bear in mind that not everyone
> is able to use high screen resolutions. I know that res is increasing,
> but penetration is far more slower in third world countries like my own.

Even if you have a high resolution that doesn't neccesarily mean that you
use fullscreen windows. I almost never resize windows to fullscreen (2/3
maximum for the main window I would say) as there always other apps and
windows in the background I wanna have an eye on it (or at least a part of
it). Say a browser windwow, a chat client, a terminal running some longer
running script where I wann see when its ready or throws some error
messages, other text windows I wanna easily bring to front without having to
go through Deskbar or Window menu, ...