[pedevel] Some warning

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pe Develop" <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:12:49 +0100 CET

Hi there,

I just wanted to "warn" you to take care when using Pe: sometimes it
obviously mixes up file names - I suddenly had a file
DesktopSettings.cpp~ and when I replaced the original
DesktopSettings.cpp with this file, I realized that I had overwritten
it with some completely different, that Pe had given the name
DesktopSettings.cpp~... argl.

It has probably something to do with the node monitor, and Pe's habit
of renaming the files before writing them - which changes the node_ref
of the file, and obviously easily confuses Pe then. It might also be
related to dropped messages, or their asynchron nature (no timestamp
there, at least under R5).

Bye,
   Axel.