[pedevel] RFI

  • From: scholly@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Ulrich Scholz)
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:58:46 -0100

moin, moin...

Oliver schrieb am 29.01.04 :

> In order to know what work needs to be done, I think it'd make
> sense to collect a list of open bugs and feature wishes.

Ok, I have some Request For Implementation ;)
They concern prefs and key-bindings.
Please correct me, if I overlooked, how to do it.

1. a resizable prefs-window.

2. a possibility to load/save different prefs/settings.

3. a possibility to print out the current bindings to a text-file.
   It would be nice to be able to chose between 2 formats:

    a) key(-combination) - action
    b) action - key(-combination)

My last wish would need bigger changes, AFAICI, but would offer an
IMHO _very_ usefull feature:

Configurable menus with binding action to keys, not keys to action.

For those who know it: like the good old Amiga-Golded does/did ;)

It IMHO makes more sense, to perform more than 1 action after pressing
a key(-combination) than to bind the same action to different keys.

And it would enable the user to configure PE just the way he is used
from his former editor of choice.

This also would mean, that _every_ key on the keyboard could be used
for a combination and not having 2 keys with the same "usage".

Sorry for my English, but what I mean is, that most apps treat these
as the same:

    left/right control
    left/right windows
    left/right alt

or don't use it for itself:

    menu-key.

It would also be nice, if PE recognizes other than UTF and allow to
load/save as e.g. ISO-Latin-1 or alikes without "control-chars" and
the correct line-ending.

And this is something I just might try the wrong way:

I have a very large file, >300 lines.

I want to do the following things _without_ cut/copy/paste:

- mark a block from line 25 to 255 and print it to a file

- mark a block from line 25 to 55 and copy or move it to line 147

thanks for reading down here ;)
scholly

ps:

Oliver, please ask back in German, if I sound to confusing ;