[pedevel] Re: Printing

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:31:24 +0200

Rainer Riedl wrote:
> > be implemented by having one view (PText) per split-pane. Eddie does it
> > this way and that makes it possible to cater for more than two views,
> > too [not that I have many uses for that, though ;-)].
>
> Hmm, I have. Sometimes I copy some pieces of code to the place I work at
> the moment and the I have to lookup another piece of code. At the moment
> that means use one split-pane for searching and then I have to find the
> previous part again. Sometimes timeconsuming

IMHO, a better feature alltogether for this thing would be "bookmarks". The
bookmark should probably be smart and remember not only offset in the file,
but also context, so it follows the passage along. I wouldn't remove
splitting though, since it can be nice to see two passages at once.
However, to jump forth and back between two or more passages, I think
bookmarks are more to the point and probably easier to implement as well.

Best regards,
-Stephan