[pedevel] Newer pe scrolling behavior.

  • From: "BiPolar" <BiPolar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:53:43 -0300 ART

As per rev 395's log (PText.cpp):
---
        + as Axel suggested, Pe now always keeps a number of context lines
          when navigating vertically (and context chars when navigating
          horizontally). The behaviour is somewhat experimental, so feedback
          is welcome...
---

I haven't noticed anything weird with vertical scrolling. But I find the new
horizontal scrolling behavior to be quite awkward.

To me, it is horizontally scrolling when there's no reason to do it, ie:

Doc window's width is set as to display 80 characters, plus caret on the 81 pos.

I start "walking" to the right in a line that has exactly 80 chars, so I don't
expect to have to horizontally scroll when I reach the end of line, but...
pe starts scrolling to the left after I reach the char number 76 :-/

The behavior also "seems" inconsistent:

* Select several whole-lines (some of them with >75 chars) by means of
SHIFT+Down Arrow.

No horizontal scrolling. Good.

* Now select those lines by means of SHIFT+END, and then SHIFT+Down Arrow.

Unless all the lines have more or less the same amount of chars... you get a
quite shaky display :-)

That was my feedback :-)

Oscar.