[pedevel] MTextAddOn differences

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:38:53 +0200 CEST

I started looking at getting DontWorry to work in Pe.
I got the extension built, but on first try it crashed.
Then I noticed the MTextAddOn class had different versions...

The BeIDE one has a virtual bool IsEditable(), and fText field that the
Pe version doesn't have anymore.

When replacing the MW header by the Pe one the extension now doesn't
crash anymore. It's probably not very important anymore as there aren't
many BeIDE addons left we want though.

Now it doesn't crash but does nothing, as it searches for its own
BHandler that is supposed to be loaded by a different plugin, which I
need to port to the Pe API.

DontWorry sources here:
http://www.becoz.org/beos-en/dontworry/downloads
But I had to add makefiles in...
I should probably use jamfiles and graft it on the Pe tree someway
instead though.

François.