[pedevel] Re: $Id$ Tags

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 00:46:49 +0200

On 2009-05-05 at 21:33:55 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > PS: BTW, I guess I just read the copyright header for the first time
> > -- a
> > four-clause BSD license. *sigh*
>
> Maybe we could ask Maarten to relieve this a bit. Although we would
> probably need the okay from all committers as well, I guess.

Indeed. Though actually at least of the code authored by Maarten that I
have seen in the last days there isn't much that couldn't do with a
complete rewrite. It would probably help the project a lot to just start
from the scratch with a clean design and layout management, dropping the
legacy support. It's just quite a bit of work. :-/

CU, Ingo