[pedevel] Re: Fwd: Feuture request

  • From: Guy <mul_m7m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:23:37 -0800

is there a need for an icon? or is there one already? (haven't booted into beos for a while so I kindof forgot :)

guy.

Hi Axel,

On 2006-08-16 at 16:41:44 [+0200], Axel Dצrfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[ ... ]

Do we have a home page?

Well, there is one on BerliOS, but it has no content, so "no". Do we need one? What would be on it? And most important: *Who* will hack it?

I thought about a very simple home page, one that answers questions like: - what is it - who did it - where can you get it - what additional add-ons are available - where do I report bugs - are there additional docs or tutorials?

Of course, there would also be some screenshots.

Sounds very reasonable to me.

www.pe-editor.* seems to be free, if we wanted to have that (I would
prefer .org, obviously).
I could even buy the domain, as I still have 2 free shots left with the
hosting of pinc-software.de :-)

Thanks for the offer, but I think we really do not need a proper domain just to put some static stuff on it, or do we? Why don't we just use (a.k.a. populate) this URL:
http://pe-editor.berlios.de/

I guess we'd only need some static pages, maybe similar to http://www.opentracker.be/main.html
- a large Pe icon would be needed, of course!
Anyway, if we can agree that we want something simple like this, I
guess I could do it.

Great! I was hoping for someone to say that >:o)

End user documentation?

There is some, but it is very old and thus doesn't reflect the current state. I suppose we should really update it for the next release. Any volunteers, please queue up, there is enough for everyone >;o)

Hehe :-) Maybe we can make smaller tasks out of it, and put it in an issue tracker for everyone to take when someone finds a few minutes for it.

Ok, I will try to do this during the next couple of days.

cheers,
        Oliver