[pedevel] Re: A couple of questions...

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 18:01:42 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2004-05-01 at 12:37:59 [+0200], Oliver Tappe wrote:
> > Should we change Pe's behaviour to use B_CONTROL_KEY in order to
> > free the
> > cursor-keys for menu-shortcuts? And does it make sense to use
> > B_OPTION_KEY
> > for word-wise navigation, too, or would you prefer using it for yet
> > some
> > other kind of navigation (which one)?
> I don't what default settings were in Pe, but I changed it to
> basically
> resemble the ones in BeIDE. Being:
>
> Cmd-Left/Right: move to begin/end of line
> Cmd-Up/Down: move to begin/end of document
> Opt-Left/Right: move to previous/next word begin/end
> Opt-Up/Down: move to begin/end of page
>
> Unfortunately lacking is the following feature:
>
> Ctr-Left/Right: move to previous/next word part begin/end (e.g. in C/
> C++
> identifiers like `my_function', and `MyClass').
>
> This holds for a B_COMMAND_KEY == Alt setup, at least.

Eddie has those key bindings, too.
I think we should definitely add the previous/next part of word
feature, as it is more than handy.
I would vote for changing the shortcuts to match BeIDE's and Eddie's.
BTextView should have those, too, if you ask me :-)

> > - Does anyone know how the Mark-shortcut works? I tried to set a
> > mark and
> > use it afterwards, but Pe always complains about the mark not being
> > set. Is
> > it a bug, a feature or am I doing something wrong?
> No idea, I haven't used this feature yet.

I haven't even found it yet.

> > - During the last Begeistert, Scholly very kindly bribed me into
> > putting up
> > a new Pe release to BeBits >:o) So I would like to do that now,
> > maybe as a
> > weekly build (I can't provide a nightly build, as I'd have to do it
> > manually). In order to separate this release from all others, I
> > have
> > upgraded Pe's version to 2.3. Please tell me if you can think of
> > anything
> > else I should do before releasing Pe to BeBits.

Hm, you could clean the menu a bit; I think the structure is done
rather unintuitively (or just badly). For example, the HTML
functionality could be separated from the rest.
But what you probably should do before the release is to change the
info requester to contain your name and the source (BeUnited?!) of the
release.

> * a `State' prefs setting to allow restoring the position but not the
> size
> of a file

What do you mean by restoring the size of a file?

Bye,
   Axel.