Re: [PCWorks] Port forwarding of a Netgear 7550

  • From: Ben Moore <bgml46@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 18:29:24 -0400

Hi Larry,

Your setup looks right.  Have you tried putting in 192.168.1.102 in your
router to forward the port to?  It looks like your security device needs
those leading zeros.  The problem with leading zeros in IP addresses is that
some devices may see leading zeros as denoting an octal number not a
decimal.  That may be confusing your router.

I wouldn't change anything in your set up.  Your IP range is 192.168.1.64 -
192.168.1.254.  Your Gateway, the address of your router is 192.168.1.254.
So put your security device back the way it was to 192.168.001.102  and when
you set up port forwarding just put in 192.168.1.102.

Let me know what happens.

Ben