Re: [PCWorks] Port forwarding of a Netgear 7550

  • From: Ben Moore <bgml46@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 07:24:20 -0400

It sounds like your security system has a fixed IP address of 192.168.1.102.
I'm not sure but I think your router is 192.168.0.1.  The third set of
digits have to agree for you to be able to route directly.  You should be
able to change the fixed IP address in your security system to something
like 192.168.0.102.  If you can't you should be able to set the router to
use a different range of IP addresses.  Something that starts with
192.168.1.xxx.  These are LAN addresses that you are setting. (The leading
zero's in your 001 aren't really necessary.  They are assumed to be there in
your router.)  Once you have the third digit the same in your network and
your security device, your port forwarding should work.  These settings may
be in you DHCP settings.  There is also probably a subnet mask setting.
It's usually 255.255.255.0.  You shouldn't have to change that.

 Ben Moore