Re: [PCWorks] Need recommendation for a router

  • From: Vern <r60slash5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:35:26 -0700

Hugh,

I hooked up the Linksys router and it works great. I have all three
computers online now. The laptop was easy. The USB wireless adapter for
the old desktop was another story. Had to call support for the USB
adapter and they told me I needed to call Linksys and I kept telling
them my laptop works so the problem isn't with the router. Well I ended
up calling Linksys and there was something that needed changing. The
girl at Linksys was very knowledgeable. She had me going here and there
changing this and that and now it works.

One question. Since it is a USB connection should I be disconnecting the
USB adapter through the system tray even if I never remove the adapter
before shutting down? I will be leaving the adapter plugged in all the
time but it gets turned off when the computer is shut down.

Thanks

Vern