Re: [PCWorks] Converter/adapter from parallel printer port to USB port

  • From: David Grossman <dgrossman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:01:08 +0200

Right.
However, by "ancient," I'm not thinking PCI. My ISA parallel cards are not
likely to be compatible with either the motherboard or with Windows 7.
Drivers? They probably worked with DOS :-)
Besides, it's getting more and more difficult to find older hardware, such
as parallel ports. Even today, they may be available only on eBay.
Other hardware is the same. Salesmen in computer stores laugh at people who
ask for analog fax-modems. However, nothing has been able to replace the
efficiency and clear output of my beloved Winfax 10.
That's why I'll probably keep my XP machines running for a very long time to
come.
David Grossman