Re: [PCWorks] Anyone getting these "Suspicious sign in prevented" emails from Gmail?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 00:50:59 -0500

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing.  The emails
I got were like this:

Hi *******,

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your
Google Account - ****************.

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker
trying to access your account. Please review the details of the
sign-in attempt:

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:39:22 AM UTC
IP Address: X
Location: X

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else
might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to
your account and reset your password immediately."

And like I said, the (X) IP's and Locations were all on RIPE,
(lndia & Russ1a).  Either it's (so far) rare, or no one is
posting anything about it because a 'last 24hr' search only
results in one result:
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/ZY0LEQfuBeY
Or, most likely I'm guessing the SE spiders just haven't found
the pages yet, if they exist.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner