[pctriclub] Ordering Information: PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY!

  • From: Aaron Dewald <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Park City Tri Club <pctriclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:18:23 -0600

All,

First off, sorry about all the confusion surrounding the tri/bike stuff this
year.  We thought LG's new system would make the process a lot smoother, but as
with anything, if we don't communicate the process well, then nothing is
smoother.

Second, I'm not offended if any of you don't like the design.  I realize we all
have different tastes.  Some years we love it, some years we don't, but it's
hard to get 100% consensus on anything.  That said, we're a sponsor based club
and we need to acknowledge them where we can.  Unfortunately, cash sponsorships
are hard to come by in this economy, so we'll take what we can get from Jans,
Pro Bar, SkullCandy et al.  They have given us great deals over the last few
years and I'm glad to race and ride with them "on my sleeve".

Besides... if you really don't like it... too bad, you're stuck with it now!
Muahahaha.  Just kidding.  Not really though... you are stuck with it.

1) REGARDING 100$ CREDIT:
When we originally planned this, we were going to do a manual jersey order that
involved paper, spreadsheets, written checks, delivery dates, and hard and fast
deadlines.  We collected the 100 bucks with the dues to make this a little bit
easier for everyone.  When we did the Seven Sins ordering... this was most
definitely the most difficult part of running a club - jersey ordering and
money handling.  We thought we were getting a jump on things.

Turns out LG has an online system and LG's system was going to take all the
complications out of it.

...turns out it made things a little more complicated...

Louis Garneau has no way to facilitate this $100 credit to your purchase.
There's no way to apply the 100 bucks from club dues to your specific LG
purchase.  Sucks, eh?

So, now we have your 100 dollars and need to find a way to get it back to you.
We're tossing around ideas on how to make it easy to do this - but as you can
imagine - the logistics are borderline maddening. WE ARE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE
OUT THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS.  We're a group that's run by the volunteer efforts
of a few people who travel a lot, so trying to get us all together to make a
decision can be hard.  At least we're slightly better than Congress. :)

Anyway, if you NEED, NEED, NEED the 100$ to make the order, let us know and
we'll arrange a pickup at Park City Coffee or something.  If this is something
you can do without - for now, of course - then proceed to ordering.  In the
mean time, we'll get the group together and find the easiest, most efficient
way to get you your money.

My advice for now is to order as if we'll cut you a check for a hundred bucks
in the near future, reimbursing you for this money outside of the jersey order
paradigm.  If we come up with a different strategy, we'll let you know.

If you DISLIKE the jerseys so much it makes you want to cry, and you want off
this roller-coaster, let us know so we can refund you your membership fees as
well ($50), but please return the swag and member card.

2) JERSEY ORDERING:
Imagine my surprise when I'm told the tri stuff isn't in the store.  "Surely LG
knows since we're Park City Tri Club and that we need the tri stuff I listed in
the store," I thought.  Nope.  Wasn't in there.  I'd like to thank those who
brought it to my attention so we could jump into action to get it up. It is now
in the store and has been verified there.

If you need a sizing chart, here you go:
http://www.louisgarneau-custom.com/media/pdf/sizingchart/sizingchart_en.pdf

Lemme go over everything one more time about ordering, because it is a little
confusing.

This reservation business....
Ok, about this reservation business I mentioned. You "checkout" to "reserve".
Everyone will add items to your cart, and go through a checkout process right
now with your credit card and everything... just as you would buy something
online.  This is your indication to us that you want that item, allows us a
confident count of all pieces to order, and signals your commitment to buying
it.  Your credit card will NOT be charged at this time, however.  The prices
are there for general reference and will likely go down.

When the store finally closes in 8 days, LG see what everyone "bought".
Remember, we need a minimum of 12 pieces of any given style to order that
style.  Not total pieces of everything -> pieces for that style only. (12 men's
power bib, 12 womens power bib, 12 men's elite tri top, etc..)

If the final count is 12 or more pieces, we will adjust the price accordingly
(downward) and THEN charge your credit card for the final decided amount and
ship your product off to you.  If your order contains an item that has a count
less than 12, you'll be able to switch to something else, or cancel your order
for that piece. Remember, 12 per item is the magic number here.

Hold on, Aaron... can you make this two-step process a little easier to follow?
Sure can.

Part One
1. Go to the store http://bit.ly/xbeFKi
2. Add the items you want to your cart and complete the checkout process. Your
credit card will NOT be charged just yet.
3. Wait until the store closes in a few days

Part Two
4. Look for another email for Aaron in case one of the things I ordered doesn't
have a minimum of 12
        4a. If not 12: Change my order to a piece that has more than 12 or
cancel my order for that piece
        4b. If 12 or more: Rejoice.  Purchasing complete and final prices will
be posted.
5. Your credit card will be charged and your order will be shipped.

Make sense?

3) YOUR QUESTIONS, ANSWERED:

San: Yes, Seven Sins was done by Louis Garneau, so the sizing should be the
similar.  According to my records from waaaaayy back then, you ordered a S top
and an XS bottom.  If you ordered a Seven Sins jersey and don't remember your
size, I have it.

Leslie: I'm assuming the tri shorts are the same price as the men's.  Seems to
match up right.  I'll have our rep be sure to add the price but I'm confident
they'll be on there for $70.  Ultimately the prices in the store are reference
only right now and will change based on numbers ordered anyway...

Jolie, Christin, and Anna: I tried to articulate this in 2, but let me know if
it's still confusing.

Steve: I think this has been addressed but I tried to outline it in point 1.

What happens if we REALLY want the other option, but there's less than 12
orders?
Order more pieces until we hit 12, or campaign your fellow teammates.

Why did we do this silly two step ordering process? It's dumb.
Money, money, money.  If we went with a one step process, then we negotiate the
prices before we know how many pieces we will order, committing to whatever
price we agree on - no changing.  Often, the prices wind up much higher than if
you do the two-step process.  We're trying to save you money, ya dig?

I like my stuff, I want more!
Another satisfied customer.  If you do, then perhaps we'll arrange for another
buy this summer.  We'll be veterans of the process then so that should make it
easy... right?  Maybe I'll have time to design vests and arm warmers and such
by then.  School sucks up all my time right now.

Crap, it doesn't fit.  How do I return?
Good question.  I've emailed the rep for more info in case this happens.

When will I get my stuff?
I remember it taking 6-8 weeks last time we went through LG. So yeah, that's
why we're a little hasty right now.  Sorry.

What wil they look like!?
I posted the designs to Facebook.  Unfortunately, I'm not a 3D model kind of
guy so you'll need to squint your eyes, wrinkle your nose, and use your
imagination to picture it in physical form.  I'm more nervous than anyone about
it, but I was super happy when the Seven Sins jerseys came out as nice as they
did. I think they'll look great on you! :)

Ok... I think I covered everything.  If you're still having some issues, please
email me directly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Aaron