-=PCTechTalk=- the dreaded red X

  • From: "Paula" <biggmamma5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:44:36 -0400

I'm hoping some of you experts can help my friend.  He has his own part
religious/part humerous group ..he sends graphics etc several times a week
to a group of about 100 people(I just joined his little group); several of
his sends show the white square box w/the red X in it instead of the
picture.  He asked me for help in finding out why this is happening.  The
only time I've ever had it happen to me is when the name of the picture I'm
receiving or sending has the #'s   20%    in it somewhere...and this is what
I replied to him.   BUT..  he says his gifs, jpgs, etc do not have  "20%" in
the line...so, what I am asking is this:  Anyone here know WHY this is
happening, and HOW to make it stop?  Thanks in advance...Paula