-=PCTechTalk=- re-ask- rephrase

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:06:32 -0400

Other than AVG, what FREE anti-virus programs do people recommend?
I put AVG on here, but am not at all happy with it.
It won't scan e-mail on anyone's screen names but mine. I think e-mail
scanning is very important.
And every time my screen name needs to be activated  again, I need to log
off and log back on - and sometimes re-boot, in order for my e-mail to work,
because AVG is 'stuck' - liike now. I'm typing this, but it won't be sent
until I close everything to re-log in, or re-boot.

I still plan on purchasing an anti-virus software down the road - but not
right now.
I know that there was one free one suggested - I don't recall what it was -
so if you wouldn't mind telling me again, that would be great!

and has anyone heard of AVAST ? It sounds familiar to me, but I don't know
anything about it.
What about the cd that I have from the microsoft service pack 1? 1 year of
eTrust ez Armour LE  - computer Associates?????

thanks!!
Cris