-=PCTechTalk=- computer shutdown question

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:56:48 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)

 In WinME and XP when you get the screen, it is now safe to turn off your
computer, I have noticed some computers actually turn themselves off, and
others you have to manually push the power button. Is this in the hardware
of the machine, or is it some kind of Windows setting. My friends computer
has to be turned off manually, and she wants to know if she can change it.
She is running ME.

Jo Ann